Home » » 6 Morning Rituals to Start Your Day

6 Morning Rituals to Start Your Day


6 Morning Rituals to Jump Start Your Day

The following are a few of the morning rituals that help me wake up, get those positive vibes going, and set the grateful tone for the day.
 
1. Aromatherapy: Before I get out of bed I spritz my favorite natural scents over my face and take a few deep inhalations to really awaken my senses. I love the combination of lemon, grapefruit, ylang ylang. I mix a few drops of each with a little bit of rosewater and distilled water. Find the scents that you love most and make a powerful combo of your own. Whole Foods Market has a great organic aromatherapy section and the blue glass spray bottles are the perfect size to keep by your bed.
 
2. Fat Buddha: I keep my smiling fat Buddha and sweet carved elephant right next to my bed. They are literally the first thing I see in the morning when I open my eyes. And the fat Buddha automatically makes me laugh. I rub his belly for some good luck. Happy photos or your favorite trinkets/ collectables can do the same trick. Anything to make you smile first thing.
 
3. Breathwork: I move quietly to my comfy worn out leather chair and open the shades to let in the sun and begin my breathwork routine. This helps me move out the old stale breath from the night, while infusing all my cells with fresh O2 and positive energy. I picture myself breathing out anything painful or negative and breathing in only feelings of gratitude and positivity. I do 3-4 rounds of the routine below:
 
BREATHWORK EXERCISES
 
Lion’s Breath
- Breathe in through your nose
- Out through your mouth – with a loud exhale or sigh
- Repeat 3 times and throughout your practice as needed
 
In Breath, Pause, Out Breath, Pause
- Breathe in through your nose on count of 6
- Hold at the top of the breath for 3 seconds
- Breathe out through your nose, slowly, on a count of 8
- Hold at the bottom of your breath for 3 seconds
- Begin again
- Repeat 10 times
 
Breathe & Hold
- Inhale deeply through your nose
- Hold breath for as long as feels comfortable
- Exhale slowly
- Repeat 5 times
 
Alternate Nostril Breathing
- With finger holding right nostril close, breathe in on the left
- Transfer finger to alternate nostril, exhale breath on the right
- Inhale deeply on the right, close right nostril, and exhale on the left
- Inhale deeply on left, close left nostril, and exhale on right
- Repeat 10 times each side for a total of 5 rounds
 
Kapalbhati Yoga Breathing
- Similar to Alternate Nostril Breathing as we alternate closing off each nostril
- Forcefully exhale on left, then right, then left
- Put your hand on your belly to feel the exhale
- A slight inhale between exhales is automatic
- Repeat 20 times (10 on each side)
 
4. Meditation: My breathwork prepares me for my meditation, which presently is a combo of mantra work and visualization. I recently started to get really in tune with my goals and dreams, and began to really FEEL the feeling in my body of those dreams as my present reality. “I am happy, healthy and fulfilled.” “I am a vibrant being of love and light.” “I am helping massive numbers of people through nutrition and wellness.” “I am helping people heal from cancer.” “I am changing the quality of food available in hospitals to those who are ill and in need of healing and nourishment.”  Find your mantra and FEEL it throughout your entire body.
 
5. Juice/Smoothie: Feeling calm, centered, and fully re-oxygenated, I then head downstairs to make a fresh juice or smoothie, nourishing my body with some rockstar superfoods to give me lasting energy throughout the day.
 
6. Use your social media of choice to spread feelings of gratitude and love: While drinking my juice, I absolutely look forward to my Facebook posts every morning now. I love spreading love. There is such a wealth of positivity and knowledge to be learned and passed on.  And I sit with the blessing for the opportunity to hopefully inspire people to live more authentically in their days and to help them tune in to what their real purpose here is.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Healthy Natural - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger