Homemade Chicken Ragout
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 pieces chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3-4 small russet potatoes, diced
- 1 cup finely diced white onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- Heat olive oil into 3 quart or larger sautee pan. Salt and pepper chicken pieces then carefully add them to hot pan. Brown on both sides, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer partially cooked chicken to a plate or some tin foil.
- With oil and browned bits still in pan, add potatoes, season lightly with salt and pepper then and onions, stirring until potatoes are browned and onions softened. Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add crushed tomatoes, stirring to combine then add partially cooked chicken sitting in sauce and potatoes. Place in oven and bake for 50-60 minutes until chicken is tender and cooked through. Remove and serve with chicken and sauce.