Home » » DIY Cooking Spray

DIY Cooking Spray

Cut Fat, Calories and Your Grocery Bill!
Make Your Own Cooking Spray.



Today’s post comes from the files of “Captain Obvious”!  I mean really…making your own Cooking Spray is about as easy as “making” a bowl of cereal with milk…but for WHATEVER reason, it wasn’t until I happened to see this pin on Pinterest that it even occurred to me to “make” it.
And I probably STILL wouldn’t have tried “making it” if it weren’t for No. 2 son requesting GF cornbread today.
I was on the very last spray in my can of spray canola oil and had zero desire to go to the store to buy more. Sure, I could have just “greased” the pan with some butter or shortening, but that didn’t seem all that appealing either, especially when I remembered the “Make Your Own Cooking Spray” idea!
Kitchen genius.
  • It’s as easy as 1 (pour) – 2 (shake)  - 3 (spray)!
  • It cuts the amount of fat you use when cooking.
  • It saves money!
  • It eliminates nasty additives like BUTANE??
  • No sticky residue build-up on pans!
Well, I don’t know about you….but that is MORE than enough reasons for me to NEVER buy another one of those ridiculously over-priced cans.

cooking spray
Ready to find out how to make it??
To make your own cooking spray……pour oil and water into a spray bottle and shake well before use.
Well OK, that is the EXTREMELY simplified version…but you get the picture. The EXTREMELY complicated version isn’t much different. :-)

Homemade Cooking Spray

by Natures Nurture
Ingredients
1 part olive oil (or your choice of oil)
5 parts water
1 misting spray bottle
Instructions
Mix in your spray bottle 1 part olive oil to 5 parts water. In my 12 ounce bottle, I poured in 2 ounces of canola oil and added 10 ounces of water. Shake well and you’re done. That’s it. Store in a cool, dark place.
cooking spray
Make sure the bottle you use is a MISTING spray bottle.  (A plant mister would be perfect!)  But the bottle I got at Walmart for about $1.50 works fine too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Healthy Natural - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger