Homemade Sugar Scrub
Sugar is a natural exfoliate and the main ingredient in homemade . Store bought body sugar scrubs tend to be expensive and often filled with chemicals and additives that may not be healthy for your skin. A homemade sugar scrub costs just pennies and the natural ingredients assure silky soft and healthy skin. Using sugar scrubs is a good way to exfoliate the skin before applying self tanners or makeup because it gets rid of dry, flaky skin that might cling to the product you are applying, leaving a streaky and caked-on appearance.
- Brown sugar
- Carrier oil
- Essential oil
Sugar Body Scrub
- 2 Use brown or white granulated sugar to make the body scrub. Each works fine and both consist of the same sugar. Brown sugar, however, has molasses added to give it the brown color and distinct flavor. Add 1 cup of sugar to the oil in the mixing bowl and stir together until just combined, so the sugar still has its granular texture.
- 3 Add scented essential oils that help relax or rejuvenate. Common essential oils used are orange, lavender, rose, vanilla and chamomile. Add 1 tbsp. of essential oil to the mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- 4 Add vitamin E oil or honey to the mixture for extra soothing properties. If using vitamin E oil, break open about three capsules and squeeze the oil into the sugar mixture. If using honey, add 1 tbsp. to the mixture and stir to combine.
Sugar facial scrub
- 6 Dampen your face with a wet washcloth or by splashing it with warm water. Using warm water rather than hot water helps keep the skin from drying out.
- 7 Place a quarter-size dollop of facial cleanser in the palm of your hand. An unscented cleanser may be less irritating to the skin.
- 8 Add one tsp. of granulated white sugar to the cleanser in your palm. Mix together.
- 9 Apply the sugar facial scrub to your dampened face and---using your finger tips---gently spread it against your face using circular motions. Do this until the sugar has dissolved.
Read more: Homemade Sugar Scrub | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_6545292_homemade-sugar-scrub.html#ixzz2Er23vFRb