One of the perks of living in New England is apple-picking time. It’s my favorite time of year.
Here is one of my favorite recipes…
Lea’s Raw Apple Crisp
1. Peel and dice 6-8 apples, and place in a mixing bowl.
2. Mix together 1/3 cup orange juice (from fresh oranges) and 2 TBSP raw honey. Add to bowl with the apples.
3. Toss until apples are well coated, then place in 9×9 baking dish. Set aside.
4. Food process 1 1/2 cups nuts (walnuts, pecans, almonds, etc.) well. Add 1/2 cup dried fruit (raisins, apricots, etc.), 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon ground cloves, and 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg and process until chopped.
5. Dump the nut mixture on top of the apples and serve immediately