Here’s what I assembled:
- 1 quart of Trader Joe’s organic low sodium chicken broth
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped (next time, I will use 2 like she suggests in her recipe)
- 1/2 tsp of dried thyme (or a few good shakes of Fines Herbes seasoning)
- 2 tablespoons of Kerrygold unsalted butter (or pan drippings)
- 6-8 cloves of peeled garlic (I love garlic and that’s how many come pre-peeled in a little pack)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of coconut aminos
- A splash of heavy cream (optional)
I dumped the onions, garlic, broth, and thyme into a medium saucepan and brought it to a boil on high. Then, I lowered the heat to low and let it simmer for ~30 minutes or until the onions and garlic are really soft. At this point I tasted for seasonings and added salt, pepper, and coconut aminos.
Then, I poured everything into my Vitamix (most AWESOME blender ever), added 2 tablespoons of butter (or pan drippings), and blitzed everything until it was uniform. You can also add some heavy cream if you want a creamy gravy. Definitely, use 2 or more onions because my sauce was pretty thin. It was really tasty (even with pantry items) so I’m keeping a container in the fridge to ladle onto whatever other meats/veggies I eat the next few days.