Also as easy as…well, a lot easier than pie.
Raw, Vegan Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting (raw, vegan, gluten and soy free)
1 cup walnuts (not soaked)
1 cup dates
2 cups carrot pulp OR grated raw carrots. If you use grated carrots, use cheesecloth or paper towels to squeeze the carrot and remove as much excess moisture as possible (same deal if you have “wet” pulp)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/8 tsp sea salt
3/4 cup raisins
Raw, Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting (makes over 1 cup)
1 cup cashews, soaked 1+ hours
6 pitted dates, also soaked 1+ hours (you can soak them together!)
Dash sea salt
1 tsp lemon juice
Few drops stevia (optional, but useful if the 6 dates aren’t quite sweet enough for you)
1) Process the dates and walnuts in a food processor fitted with the S blade till they resemble a Larabar mix.
2) Add carrot pulp or grated carrots and spices. Process till the mix has taken the form of a smooth “dough.”
3) Add raisins and pulse to combine.
4) For the frosting: rinse cashews and dates of their soak water, and place in a food processor with salt and lemon. Process until the mixture is pasty and well combined. Add just enough water as the motor is running to get the frosting consistency you want.
5) Push the carrot cake dough into six muffin tins or ramekins and refrigerate for about an hour. Remove from the fridge, and get frosting!