And if you do end up with leftovers, here is her recipe for a Balsamic Chicken Wrap.
(Makes approximately 10 cups - amounts will vary)
Serving size: 1 cup Calories: 190 Fat: 6g Saturated fat: 1 g Trans fat: 0 g Cholesterol: 53 mg Sodium: 121 mg Carbohydrate: 5 g Fiber: 1 g Sugar: 3 g Protein 26 g
- 4-6 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts (about 40 ounces)or boneless thighs
- 2 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced (Not chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp each: dried oregano, basil, and rosemary
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- ground black pepper and salt to taste
Pour the olive oil on bottom of slow cooker, add chicken breasts, salt and pepper each breast, put sliced onion on top of chicken then put in all the dried herbs and garlic cloves. Pour in vinegar and top with tomatoes.
Cook on high 4 hours, serve over angel hair pasta.
Balsamic Chicken Wrap
- 1 tomato and herb wrap
- 1 Tbsp prepared pesto, no sugar added
- 1 handful of baby spinach leaves
- Leftover pieces of Balsamic Chicken