Home » » Baked Portobello with Arugula and Tomato

Baked Portobello with Arugula and Tomato

 Grilled Portobello with Arugula and Tomato
 Portobello with Arugula and Tomato
"I love portobello mushrooms. I often say that if I were vegetarian, I would live off of these. Now it would never happen, but it's still nice to know that they exist. So meaty, so flavorful. Sometimes I feel like I need to pair this with something [else] to make it a real entrée, but I've had this a few times now and my belly always ends up very full and happy."
Ingredients:
4 portobello mushroom caps
2 handfuls arugula, usually half a bunch
4 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 cloves garlic
Salt and pepper
1 large tomato
1 c. shredded parmesan cheese
1/2 c. marinara sauce (your favorite)
1/2 lemon, juiced
Directions:
Remove the stems and insides of the mushroom caps with a spoon. In a food processor, add arugula leaves and whole garlic cloves. Puree. Add the butter, lemon juice, dashes of salt and pepper and olive oil. Puree. Generously spread the arugula butter onto the inside of the mushroom cap. Add a small spoonful of marinara sauce, then a slice of tomato. Sprinkle top with parmesan. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Healthy Natural - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger