Natural Laundry Fragrance and Softener
Once I made the switch from commercial laundry detergent to making my own green, natural detergent for a fraction of the cost, I have really missed the lovely fragrance that came with commercial detergents. There is something truly comforting when taking scented clothes out of the dryer – I think it makes us think they are more clean. Even though I add lavender essential oil to my laundry detergent, the clothes currently come out devoid of scent, smelling more like a hot dryer drum. Not unpleasant, but I’d rather have a pleasant smell since I’m facing a huge load of clothes to fold and put away.
So, how do you add fragrance without the chemicals to keep it natural and green? I now employ an extremely easy and very effective way to add some fragrance – it’s 100% natural, non-toxic and oh so heavenly!
- Wool Dryer Balls (Buy them on Amazon (from Woolzies) or make them yourself with my tutorial)
- AND/OR add white vinegar to the fabric softener compartment of your washing machine (don’t worry, your clothes won’t smell like vinegar once dry!)
- I usually use both and find the combo is pretty effective.
Natural Laundry Fragrance
- You need wool dryer balls or 2 rags or wash cloths
- Lavender Essential Oil, or another oil of your choice. Another one of my favorites is Sweet Orange Oil,
- Optional – spray bottle and water