Butternut Squash Breakfast Skillet (Low Carb and Paleo)
- 12 oz butternut squash, peeled and diced into ½” cubes (I used pre-cut squash)
- 1 Tbsp oil of choice
- 1 lb homemade breakfast sausage
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ cup water
- In a large skillet, heat 1 Tbsp of oil over medium-high heat
- Add the butternut squash and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the water, cover the pan loosely, and cook for 4 minutes or until the water has absorbed and the squash is tender.
- Push the squash to the sides of the pan.
- Add the sausage in the middle of the pan and begin to brown (do not mix with the squash until cooked)
- Once the sausage has cooked through, mix it with the squash and add the seasonings.
- Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes to heat through.