1/2 cup water
2 teaspoons sugar
2 Tablespoons rubbing alcohol
6-8 drops essential oils (optional)
Heat water to a boil and turn off heat source. Add 2 tsps of sugar and stir until completely dissolved. Then add 2 tablespoons rubbing alcohol and 6-8 drops of your favorite essential oil scent (optional). Once again I chose Lavender…because I love it! :-) And THAT ladies and gentlemen…is it!
dkmommyspot.com there are 3 SIMPLE but KEY TIPS to make this work:
1) Find the right concentration for you.
2) Use a spray bottle with a very fine mist.
3) Wait for it to dry 20 – 30 seconds between applications.
I followed these 3 steps to the letter and was quite literally amazed at how well this stuff works! I figured I would have to use 4 or 5 applications before it was a strong enough “hold” (after all…it’s basically SUGAR WATER!) but after just ONE misting…it held my hair in place quite nicely. I didn’t even bother with a second application. And an added bonus…the sugar water actually adds a little extra shine to your hair. And really….who couldn’t use a little extra shine in their life! :-)
So that’s homemade hair concoction #1.
#2 is the…..
Homemade Hair Detangler
Did I say the hair SPRAY was simple to make??? Well………then THIS recipe is going to blow your mind! ;-)
Here’s what you’ll need:
A spray bottle
Hair conditioner of your choice
Here’s what you’ll do:
1. Fill your spray bottle two-thirds full with water.
2. Add conditioner of your choice to finish filling the bottle.
3. Shake the bottle well, making sure the conditioner and water are thoroughly mixed.
4. Spray the mixture into your hair and brush as you would normally.