SALMON SALAD WITH STRAWBERRIES, GOAT CHEESE, AND PECANS
- 1 cooked salmon fillet hot or cold, whichever you prefer.
- Salad greens such as baby spinach, kale, or lettuce
- 1 oz (weight; about 1/4 cup) crumbled goat cheese
- About 3 strawberries, sliced
- 1 oz (weight; about 20 halves) pecans, chopped, preferably toasted
- A third of a large cucumber, seeded and diced (about 1/3 cup)
- 2 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs vinegar such as sherry, balsamic, or red wine
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary (or 1 tsp fresh minced rosemary)
- 1/4 tsp poppy seeds (optional)
- If using kale, massage the greens with a bit of salt and olive oil to tenderize it. Set aside.
- Combine the oil, vinegar, mustard, rosemary, and poppy seeds. Whisk it in a small bowl or shake it up in a jar until emulsified.
- Top the greens with goat cheese, pecans, strawberries, and cucumber. Drizzle with dressing (you will probably not use all of it). Lay the salmon fillet on top, drizzle with a bit of additional dressing, and serve.