Cooking Steps1. In a nonstick pan, heat oil of choice, add in zucchini spirals. Don’t have a spiralizer? Slice zucchini into thin spaghetti strips by hand. Saute zucchini noodles until soft, but not too mushy. Add salt if you wish.
2. Remove zucchini from pan, leaving heat on. Heat bacon pieces in pan and remove. Toss zucchini with grated parmesan cheese and bacon pieces.
3. In same pan, cook eggs sunny side up or over-easy; sprinkle with black pepper. The black pepper is what makes it “carbonara.”
4. Place runny-yolk eggs atop zucchini, bacon, and parmesan mixture. Pierce the yolk so it coats the zucchini noodles; mix yolk around with noodles as you eat it for creamy goodness.
- 2 small zucchini (200g) spiralized or cut into spaghetti strands
- 2 large eggs
- 1 TBSP oil of choice (palm, butter, ghee, evoo, etc.)
- 1 oz grated parmesan cheese
- 4 slices fully cooked bacon
- Black pepper
- Salt, optional