5 Ways to Improve Your EnergyBy Jessi Andricks •
In our hectic, fast-paced culture, it’s easy to feel our energy levels deplete and dip throughout the day. We are constantly on the go, with little time to rest and rejuvenate. With this go-go-go lifestyle, our energy levels plummet, only to be replaced by artificial energy forms (aka caffeine and sugar) which trick our body into thinking it’s energized, setting us up for the inevitable crash. Instead, if we slowed down just a bit and took some time to care for ourselves, we could find that our energy levels soar, naturally. Here are some all-natural ways to find sustainable, healthy energy in your life.
5 Ways to Improve Energy:
1. Take 5 minutes for relaxation/meditation: As you take time for yourself in mind-body practices, you began to bring more awareness into your life. Take a few moments to breathe. As you breathe in and out, simply notice how the breath calms a nervous mind, allowing you more energy and clarity.
2. Hydrate! Add more water (with lemon), coconut water, and green juices. For hot drinks, try herbal tea or hot water with lemon. The more hydrated you are, the more energy can flow through your body, detoxifying, and leaving you feeling refreshed.
3. Keep caffeine to a minimum as it dehydrates you and the “energetic” effects only last for a brief amount of time. Try switching to green tea or Yerba Mate for a steady, slow caffeinated “buzz”.
4. Add more unprocessed foods to your diet. Slowly eliminate the pre-packaged/processed ones. Incorporate more whole grains (rice, quinoa, millet, amaranth), leafy greens, and fresh fruits and vegetables. The less time and energy your body has to spend figuring out how to digest processed foods, the more energy is available to you sooner!
5. Exercise! Exercising will actually increase your energy levels, giving you more energy and focus throughout your day. Try a vigorous, yet less-strenuous approach to exercise, such as yoga, to leave you feeling strong but not depleted.
Try it out. You might be surprised at how balanced and energized you can feel when you treat yourself naturally.