Crispy Chicken Legs
CRISPY CHICKEN LEGS
Inspired by Chaos in the Kitchen
- Chicken legs
- Salt or garlic salt (or other seasonings you like)
- Clarified butter or other fat of your choice (NOTE: The original recipe uses olive oil, but I think that clarified butter works better in high heat.)
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Pat the chicken legs dry with paper towels. (NOTE: I usually forget to do this and never have problems.)
- In a large bowl or plastic bag (or even on the baking sheet), season the chicken legs and then drizzle them with whatever fat you’re using.
- Arranged the legs on a rimmed baking sheet and put them in the oven.
- Cook, turning occasionally, for approximately 40 minutes or until the skin is crispy and the meat easily separates from the bone. (NOTE: Don’t be surprised if your kitchen gets a wee bit smokey!)
- If needed, broil the chicken legs briefly until skin browns and crisps slightly. (NOTE: I have never needed to do this.)