Home » » DIY Natural Antihistamine

DIY Natural Antihistamine

Lavender Lemon Peppermint Today I wish I was a songwriter….because I would totally write a song that sings the praises of this wonder cure I have been using lately.
Just a little background before I start my serenade. ;-)
For a couple of months now I have been dealing with the most random ailments. Things I’ve never dealt with before. But the two most tormenting things have been itching (all over) and swelling in my ankles. No matter WHAT I tried I couldn’t find relief! I would find temporary relief with a few natural remedies for the itching…but since it wasn’t dry skin related they really didn’t last. The swollen ankles were impervious to anything I tried!
UNTIL my sister Rebecca (Camp Wander) recommended I try something new. Through her work and research with essential oils (she is a very knowledgeable and successful independent distributor of doTerra Essential Oils) she has become more and more convinced that many chronic medical issues stem from an allergic response our body is having to toxins. Toxins that our bodies are bombarded with every day from our drinking water, to our health and beauty products, to the materials used to build and furnish our homes!

So by following this line of thinking it makes sense that an antihistamine of some sort would help with this allergic reaction. No? YES! And, according to my sister, the combination of Lavender, Lemon, and Peppermint essential oils can create a powerful all-natural antihistamine. These three oils together can cool down body inflammation resulting from the body’s allergic response.
Lavender Lemon Peppermint
I’m going to get technical for just a minute…so bear with me. From what I understand, when an allergen of some kind (which could be a myriad of different things) enters the body, something called IGE antibodies begin releasing histamines that trigger an inflammatory response in the body. Cells start to release fluid and SWELL. The exact symptom I was having.
After Rebecca explained all this to me it made so much sense, and I was eager to give it a try! That was on December 28th and I’ve been taking the LLP combination faithfully since then and have seen an almost COMPLETE elimination of my symptoms. The itching is MUCH better (with just an occasional flare-up) and my ankles are finally back to their normal size and shape! I can’t even begin to tell you how happy I am about this!
While the typical recommendation for using LLP as an antihistamine is to combine equal parts Lavender, Lemon and Peppermint essential oils with 1 part fractionated coconut oil and rub it on your feet twice a day, my sister suggested I try taking it internally. At first I was a bit worried about this because I know how STRONG those oils are! But then she told me about these “gelatin capsules” (which I found at my local health food store for about 5 bucks) and I was off and running and haven’t looked back! I faithfully fill and swallow 3 capsules a day with 3 drops each of Lavender, Lemon and Peppermint in them. For me, it has made all the difference in the world.
Lavender Lemon Peppermint
Lavender Lemon Peppermint
Lavender Lemon Peppermint
Lavender Lemon Peppermint

If you would like to read a much more detailed explanation of the power of Lavender, Lemon, and Peppermint, head on over to Camp Wander and read all about it. My sister’s blog is a RICH RESOURCE if you are interested in learning more about essential oils in general.
I think it’s necessary here to point out that neither my sister or I are doctors and would never suggest you follow our advice without first consulting your physician. That being said, if there is a safe, more effective answer to the chronic symptoms of inflammation, isn’t it worth a try?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Healthy Natural - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger