Home » » DIY Petroleum{FREE} Jelly

DIY Petroleum{FREE} Jelly

Make Your Own Petroleum {FREE} Jelly

 by Jill go see her site; http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2012/04/make-your-own-petroleum-free-jelly.html

My lips and face and hands are SO happy!! Why???? Because they have been missing their “friend” Vaseline! Ever since learning about the dangers of Petroleum Jelly from Dr. Oz, the Vaseline in my bathroom went bye-bye:
Petroleum jelly is a byproduct of oil drilling, and when you spread it on your lips, you end up eating it, which is essentially the same as drinking gasoline. Add up the amount of lip-gloss the average woman uses (and consumes) over a decade, and it equals 7 pounds. The European Union has banned many petroleum jelly products, and experts are concerned they could be linked to cancer. Women with breast cancer have twice the levels of hydrocarbons (substances found in petroleum jelly) in their breasts than women who haven’t had breast cancer. Steer clear of any products that list petroleum jelly or mineral oil on the ingredient list.     ~~~Dr. Oz
Yikes! Scary stuff.

Homemade Non-Petroleum Jelly (aka DIY “Vaseline”)

Ingredients
1/8 cup grated beeswax (about 1 ounce)  I used beeswax pellets that I had ordered off Amazon awhile ago.
1/2 cup olive oil
Method
Combine beeswax and oil in a small saucepan. Melt over very low heat or in the top of a double boiler. Pour into a jar to cool.
Beeswax pellets I bought in bulk off of Amazon.com
I used extra virgin olive oil that I use for everyday cooking.
I didn’t use a double boiler….but I melted the beeswax into the olive oil
at a VERY LOW TEMPERATURE.
Even at that LOW temp….it melted together VERY quickly!

Then I poured it into a 1/2 pint mason jar and set it on the window ledge in the kitchen
with the window cracked open. It hardened up within 30 minutes.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Healthy Natural - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger