1 pound grass-fed ground beef
1 pound fresh chorizo sausage
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp ground cumin
2 yellow peppers, seeded and sliced lengthwise into thin strips
2 green peppers, seeded and sliced lengthwise into thin strips
1 medium onion, peeled and sliced lengthwise into thin strips
1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
1 tsp minced fresh garlic
1 Tbsp coconut or olive oil
1/4 cup of your favorite tomato sauce
paleo sour cream
|Baked meatza crust topped with sauce and peppers.|
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Combine seasonings in a small bowl.
- Prepare vegetables.
- Warm oil in a large cast iron or other oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Saute peppers and onions for 5 minutes or until they just begin to soften. Add 2 tsp seasoning mix and continue to saute until vegetables are tender, about 5-10 more minutes. Add garlic during the last 5 minutes of cook time.
- While vegetables cook, place beef, sausage, and egg in a large mixing bowl. Use your hands to thoroughly combine.
- Transfer meat mixture to skillet and press down to form a deep-dish style meatza crust. Place in oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove skillet from oven and pour off any grease. Pat the top of the crust with a paper towel to absorb any residue.
- Set oven to broil.
- Top crust with tomato sauce, then veggie mixture, and other toppings of your choice.
- Place meatza under broiler for about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 2 minutes. Cut into wedges and enjo