© Joseph de Leo
Chipotle-Rubbed Salmon Tacos
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chile powder
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 pound skinless wild Alaskan salmon fillet, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 organic corn tortillas
- 1 Hass avocado, mashed
- Apple-Cucumber Salsa
- 1 cup finely shredded cabbage
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the lime juice. In another small bowl, combine the chipotle powder with the orange zest and sugar. Rub each piece of salmon with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil and then with the chipotle–orange zest mixture. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Wrap the tortillas in foil and bake for about 8 minutes, until they are softened and heated through.
- Meanwhile, heat a grill pan. Season the salmon with salt and grill over high heat until nicely browned and just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- Gently break each piece of salmon in half. Spread the mashed avocado on the warm tortillas and top with the salmon, Apple-Cucumber Salsa and the cabbage. Drizzle each taco with the lime mayonnaise and serve right away.
NotesTwo Tacos 490 cal, 32 gm carb, 28 gm fat, 4 gm sat fat, 30 gm protein, 6 gm fiber.