|It has been said that women need to consume 5 to 7 pieces of fruit and vegetables per day and for men it is 8 to 10 to be in optimum health. That may seem very daunting and overwhelming to a lot of busy people so they put it aside while their health continues to decline or they keep piling on the weight. It is possible to make a smoothie which contains up to 14 fruit and vegetables in a single bound.|
*Green Smoothie Superfoods for Busy People" SPECIAL*
All books found at my Book Store
Some tips to help prepare your Green Smoothies and save time in the long run
- Spend a couple of hours each week to organize and prepare the foods for your health drinks for the week ahead will save you time in the long run.
- Although fresh is always best, freezing your fruit and vegetables is certainly a worthwhile option if you wish to ensure you are having the required amount of nutrients throughout your day.
- Source your favourite greens, wash while fresh, drain and store in a large plastic (or glass is better) air tight container to keep fresh.
- Make enough green smoothie to take for your lunch so you will not be tempted to eat out – you will also engage in some very interest conversation of people who wish to do what you’re doing!
Detox Plan with Green Smoothies
- Make enough Smoothie for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner - and in between if you wish.
- Drink at least 3 litres of fresh clean water – 1 litre to be drunk first thing upon rising in the morning.
- Ensure you take psyllium husk and flax seeds to help in bowel elimination (very important in any detox program!) and or drink senna tea each day or second day.
- Consider adding bentonite clay to your smoothies to aid in the absorption of toxins and poisons in your body.
- Expect the first 3-4 days to be hard with detox symptoms such as headaches, nausea and flu like symptoms. Day 3 and 4 are usually when a lot of people stop as they don’t like the symptoms. This is the body healing itself which is a normal process so hang in there, it will pass.
- Do your detox for 1 day or as many days as you like.