Baked Cauliflower PoppersWhen I think of a crunchy salty snack... chips, french fries and carb loaded goodies (everything I have been craving this pregnancy but resisting) come to mind. I recently heard about cauliflower poppers and I knew I had to try them.
I have said before that I am not a big fan of raw cauliflower (yucky) but after I made skinny mashed potatoes using cauliflower I knew it was my new favorite lo-carb substitute.
What you will need:
- 2 heads of cauliflower
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Wash and clean the cauliflower. Cut off and discard the stem. Cut the cauliflower up into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, salt and pepper. Add the cauliflower pieces and thoroughly coat each piece.
- Place cauliflower pieces onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for one hour and turn 3 times during cooking until each piece has a nice brown coloring. The browner they are the better.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!