|Paleo Thai Coconut Lime Shrimp|
- 1lb uncooked, deveined shrimp, peeled
- 1 (6oz) can coconut milk
- 3 egg whites, whisked
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons yellow curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon siracha
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fat, I used coconut oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- Ok grab a 3 bowls. Stop complaining. The first bowl you’ll whisk the egg whites until they are foamy. In the second bowl, mix the coconut flour with 2 tablespoons curry powder, the cayenne, salt and pepper. The add just the shredded coconut to the third bowl.
- Let’s get your shrimp ready. Lie out all 3 bowls along with a plate to place them on when covered. First, dip the shrimp in the egg, then coat with the coconut flour, then finish off coating with the shredded coconut.
- Once all the shrimp are covered in happiness, heat up a large skillet. Add your fat of choice along with your garlic clove.
- Once the garlic becomes fragrant, add your coconut milk, siracha, and 1 tablespoon of curry powder. Mix together and let it cook down for about 1 minute under medium heat. Once it is bubbly and starting to thicken, add your shrimp. Let cook on both sides for about 2-3 minutes or until they are pink and the tails begin to curl in.
- When they are about done, squeeze the lime in the mixture and over the shrimp.
- Now serve. Honestly, they rock even more the next day. With avocado. Oh sh*t yeah