CREAMY CALIFORNIA AVOCADO MIXED GREENS WITH SHRIMP
Recipe Provided By the California Avocado Commission
A fresh, lemony cream dressing richly coats romaine, shrimp, and avocado and it’s spiced up with red and black pepper! This recipe is an excellent source of Vitamins A and C.
Lemon-Garlic Cream Dressing:
- ½ cup light mayonnaise
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ¾ tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp. dried pepper flakes
- 6 cups European blend or red leaf and romaine torn lettuce leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium celery stalk, thinly sliced
- ½ cup thinly sliced white or red onion, optional
- 1 ½ cups cooked peeled shrimp
- 1 ripe Fresh California Avocado, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 8 pitted ripe olives, halved
- Whisk together dressing ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Place lettuce, celery, onion, and shrimp in a large salad bowl.
- Pour dressing over lettuce mixture; toss gently, yet thoroughly until well coated. Gently stir in avocado pieces and olives.
Serving Suggestions: Serve with rosemary breadsticks
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.