Now about food. Who doesn’t like alfredo? Idiots, that’s who. If you don’t like a cream sauce over noodles that eat away at your intestinal lining and leak poop into your bloodstream, you’re weird. No but seriously, alfredo tastes like heaven and this is as close as you can get to heaven. Well, next to being my boyfriend, that’s true heaven. That was obviously a complete lie.
|Bacon Delicata Cream Sauce Chicken Pasta aka Paleo Bacon Alfredo|
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 larger delicata squash,the green striped ones
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your 425 degrees.
- Cut spaghetti squash delicata squash in half and use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and excess threads. Don’t be dainty.
- Place open side down on a baking sheet (use aluminum foil for easy clean up) and cook for 20-25 minutes. You will know when they are done cooking when you can poke the outside skin and it ‘gives’ a bit.
- Now you can either cook your chicken at the same time or after the squash is done cooking. Whatever you’d like. Just place chicken on a foil lined baking sheet, sprinkle some olive oil over the chicken (or other kind of fat), salt and pepper it, and sprinkle just a bit of basil on top. Easy peasy. I cooked my tenders for around 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through. Keep that sh*t moist bro.
- Once your squash is done cooking, pull it out of the oven, dethread the spaghetti squash into a large bowl with a fork. Go against the grain, if spaghetti squash had grain. Now throw your diced bacon into a skillet and cook until done. Use a slotted spoon to pull out your cooked bacon, but leave behind the grease. I used all of my grease, you Take your delicata squash and hollow it out. Unless you want to eat the skin, be my guest. If you’re smart tho, you’ll just use the insides and dump them into your warm skillet filled with bacon grease. Then add your coconut milk. You may need to add a little bit more coconut milk depending on how runny you like your sauce. Mix thoroughly with a ladle to break up the squash a bit. I used a pink ladle. It works the best.
- Add seasonings to the mix and salt and pepper as needed. Mix thoroughly and cook on low for about 5 minutes to simmer.
- Now dice up your cooked chicken.
- Pour sauce over spaghetti squash and add your chicken to the mix.
- Mix well.
- Top with bacon. Duh.
- Eat it like you mean it.