Cauliflower Creme Soup
DescriptionA creamy base of fresh almond milk and softened cauliflower blends flawlessly to create this delicious savory puree by Nadia Petrova. This delicately flavored soup is a gorgeous cream colored hue, and includes spices of rosemary, nutmeg and pepper as well as a dash of coconut oil and fresh arugula to garnish. Place your soup in the dehydrator to warm slightly or just enjoy chilled with a green salad and some raw crackers on the side.
Ingredients1 small cauliflower head
200 gr. raw almonds, soaked overnight
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
rosemary, nutmeg, salt & pepper to taste
fresh rucola for garnishing (arugula)
Methods/steps1. Cut the cauliflower and the carrots into thin slices
2. Dehydrate for 1 hour at 145 F
3. And 6 more hours at 115 F
4. Soak the almonds overnight and then peel them*
5. Blend the almonds, the cauliflower, the coconut oil and the water until nice and creamy. Add only 4 cups of water at the beginning and add more later if needed.
6. While the food processor is on, add the olive oil in a thin, steady stream
7. Add the spices and taste to achieve the desired flavor
8. Garnish with dried carrots and fresh greens
9. Serve with some of the peeled almonds for a crunchy touch.