The best part about having fish for dinner is that it cooks super fast and you can have dinner ready in less than 30 minutes. <– Always a plus in my book!
Quick and Easy Balsamic SalmonServes 2. Adapted from Balsamic Glazed Cracked Pepper Salmon
If you don’t like spicy foods, simply omit the red pepper flakes.
- 2 wild caught salmon fillets (about 3-4 oz each)
- 1/2 Tablespoon coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium to high heat. Season both sides of salmon with salt and pepper. Add salmon to skillet and cook 1 to 2 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- While the salmon is cooking, whisk together honey, vinegar and red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Add vinegar mixture to skillet and simmer until fish is fork-tender and liquid reduces and thickens, about 5 minutes. For a thicker, reduced sauce, simmer for 5 to 10 additional minutes. Just make sure you don’t overcook the salmon.