Grain Free Porridge
Adapted from Balanced Bites
Yield: 2 Large Servings
1 cup Almond Milk (I like home-made or unsweetened Whole Foods brand)
1/4 cup Seed Butter (see recipe below, or sub your own nut/seed butter)
1/4 cup Coconut Flakes
1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
1 teaspoon Cinnamon, ground
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1-2 tablespoons Flax Meal
1 large or 2 small Apples (seasonal preferred for best flavor)
1. Bring a small sauce pan to medium-low heat. Add milk and seed butter, stirring until seed butter is creamy and smooth.
2. Add coconut flakes, maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla and combine well. Lower heat and let cook for a few minutes until flavors combine.
3. Add flax meal, stirring in really well. Let cook for a few minutes more, as this is the thickening agent. Once you have added flax, it is ideal to serve within fifteen minutes.
4. Lastly, add apples. Let cook for a few minutes, to soften.
5. Remove from heat, pour into bowl and serve with toppings