Home » » RAW Fudge Sauce

RAW Fudge Sauce

I actually came up with this recipe by accident, while making my raw chocolate ganache.  I put dates in the blender instead of honey for some reason (don't know what I was thinking there), and ended up having to add a bunch of water so it would blend.  It turned out with a consistency and flavor very similar to a hot fudge sauce, so I decided to put it up on the blog!
This can be used as a sauce, or as a spread - depending on the amount of water you use.  Enjoy it on ice creams, brownies, fruit or eaten by the spoonful straight out of the container. 
I used dates in my sauce, but raisins would work equally well - giving it a rich, buttery taste.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup cacao
1/4 cup dates or raisins
4-6 tbsp water
2 tbsp coconut oil
1/8 tsp salt

Directions:
In your blender, combine dates and water into a smooth paste.  Add in a pinch of salt, coconut oil, cacao powder, and blend well - adding more water as needed to reach desired consistency.  Will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a couple of weeks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Healthy Natural - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger