- 1 lb of Ground Beef (grass finished is preferred)
- 2 cans Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 med Onion (chopped)
- 1 bnch Spinach
- 4 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2tbsp Oregano
- 1 cup Goat Cheese
- 1/2 cup Ewes Milk mozzarella
- Salt & Pepper
- sliced zucchini noodles and mushrooms sliced( I cook then slightly)
- In a pot saute the onions and the garlic in your preferred fat until they start to soften (about 2 min).
- Add in the ground beef and stir until cooked through.
- Add in the oregano and cook for another minute.
- Add in the tomatoes and bring to a simmer for about 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- While the sauce is simmering, place the spinach in a microwave safe bowl and nuke for 1 minute on high, then set aside to cool.
- Now is the time to start making the zucchini noodles if you haven’t pre-made them.
- Once everything is ready, Grab an 8×11 metal or glass dish and place a layer of sauce on the bottom.
- Now place a layer of the zucchini noodles and mushrooms, followed by a layer of sauce and then the spinach.
- Add another layer of zucchini and mushrooms. Spread the goat cheese over the zucchini(softening the goat cheese in the microwave for a minute makes this step easy).
- Add a layer of sauce, a layer of zucchinis, a layers of sauce and then the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the oven on a cookie sheet at 350° for 30 minutes. (the cookie sheet will prevent any saucy drips from dirtying your oven).