15 skincare tips you should know
The secret to the best makeup isn’t what primer you use or what brand of products you use. Having nice makeup starts with, you guessed it – having nice skin!
Beauty advice is continuously changing. Gone are the days when we were advised to use baby oil to get a good tan. Nowadays, there are so many different skin care tips; it can be hard to keep track.
So I’ve listed my top 15 skin care tips. Read them, memorize them, and most importantly – use them!
- Have wrinkles around your eyes? Stay away from any eye makeup with shimmer in it. It will only highlight your flaws.
- To lock in moisture and look more hydrated, always moisturize immediately after washing.
- Day time: Use antioxidants and SPF to defend your skin. Night time: Time to repair-use ingredients like acids and enzymes.
- Enlarged pores? Use a light reflecting moisturizer and powder.
- Apply moisturizer by massaging in upward circles. Don’t forget to warm it up by rubbing your fingers through it first.
- Alcohol and caffeine can dry out your skin and make you age faster. An overnight repair cream will help to undo the negative effects.
- TONER ! TONER TONER! It keeps the PH levels of your skin balanced and keeps pores tight. It also replenishes the good vitamins you may have washed away while exfoliating.
- Use two tablespoons of baking soda and mix with water and massage in upward circles for three minutes to help reduce blackheads.
- Know your skin! Different products work for different types of skin. If you have dry skin, stay away from anything with alcohol in it.
- Use primer to even out texture and tone down redness.
- Best way to keep your skin hydrated is by using alcohol-free toner, creams and serums.
- SPF is the first and most important defense against wrinkles! Make sure your foundations/moisturizers include it to prevent new wrinkles from developing and existing ones from getting deeper.
- A good skincare routine consists of cleansing, toning, moisturizing and DON’T FORGET YOUR EYE CARE! Skin and makeup will blend and look better if you exfoliate regularly to remove all dead skin cells.
- When putting on makeup or going through your skin regime, don’t forget your neck!
- Use cream cleansers as opposed to gel cleansers since they are less drying.
Enjoy your new b-e-a-utiful skin