Curried shrimps and spinach recipeServes 4
- 2 lbs shrimps, peeled and deveined;
- 2 tbsp ghee, butter or coconut oil;
- 1 onion, chopped;
- 2 tsp curry powder;
- 2 tsp tomato paste;
- 1/2 cup homemade chicken stock;
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk;
- 2 tightly packed cups shredded spinach;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste;
- Heat a large skillet over a medium-low heat and cook the onion in the ghee, butter or coconut oil until it begins to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, stir in the curry powder and continue cooking for a minute.
- Place mixture in a blender or a food processor, add the tomato paste as well as the chicken stock and coconut milk. Process or blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture back in the skillet and bring to a simmer.
- Add the shrimps and spinach and cook, covered, for about 5 minutes, until the shrimps are just cooked.