|Pecan Coconut Butter|
- 1 (7oz) bag of coconut flakes
- 1 cup pecans
- 2-3 tablespoons almond oil (or coconut oil or walnut oil, etc.–some kind of nut oil will do)
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt (I used coarse sea salt-gives it a little more crunch!)
- Grab your handy dandy food processor!! Don’t have one? You’re dumb. CHRISTMAS PRESENT IDEA!!
- Throw in your coconut flakes and turn your food processor on for 3-5 minutes or until coconut flakes and pulsed down and you have a creamy coconut butter. Sometimes the flakes are just a little different and you’ll get more of a chunky butter so either try pulsing it for a bit longer or don’t worry about it too much, you will be adding lots more stuff so it’s not a huge deal.
- Add in your pecans and turn your food processor back on until pecans are completely pulsed down.
- Now while your food processor is running, start slowly adding your oil until it is to your preferred consistency. I like mine a bit more chunky than totally oily but it’s up to you.
- Now while the food processor is STILL running, add your vanilla, salt and honey to it as well.
- Mix until well combined. Add a bit more oil if needed.
- Eat. I eat mine with a spoon but you can always eat it with fruit if need be.
*Store in refrigerator. Your pecan coconut butter will harden up (just like coconut oil does) so if you want it softer, put in microwave for a little to soften it up.