Enjoy and let us know what you think!
Serves 1 as a main dish or 2 as a side
- 1 4-5 oz chicken breast (vegetarians can use ½ cup cooked chickpeas instead)
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander seed
- 2 tablespoons sliced red onions
- 1 ripe mango, peeled/pitted and cut into large chunks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Several large handfuls of spinach, 1-2 per person is our recommendation
Directions:*Directions for chickpea variation:
- Preheat oven 350F
- Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish and coat with olive oil, sea salt, paprika, cumin seeds and coriander.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until fully cooked. *see chickpea variation below
- Remove from the oven and set aside on a cutting board. Once the chicken is slightly cooled, cut into thin pieces.
- Meanwhile, heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon coconut oil. When the oil is melted, add and gently cook the onions for 2-3 minutes. Toss in the mango and cook just until warmed through.
- Add in the sliced chicken breast, spinach and lemon juice. Gently toss to combine and then cover the pan, allowing the spinach to steam until tender and wilted.
- Sprinkle (to taste) with a pinch of sea salt and serve immediately.
Clean and rinse 1 can of organic chick peas (or prepare your own by soaking 1 cup of dried chick peas overnight in purified water, adding a strip of [kombu] for better digestion and less cooking time, then after 12 hours, strain and rinse, and continue as directed below).
In a large pot with three cups of water, cook over medium-high heat until tender (roughly 20-30 minutes).
Drain and follow the same directions as with the chicken; adding the chick peas after sautéing onions and mango.