Chicken with Ginger and Potato Stew
A one pot wonder with chicken and vegetables all in the same pot, this is a great dish to serve for large family gathering.
- Chicken legs (1.5 lb. or 5-6 legs, skinless)
- Potato (2 large, skinned and cut into 1 inch cubes)I am using a sweet potato
- Carrot (3 medium, cut into 1 inch slices)
- Onion (1 medium, cut into 1 inch pieces)
- Ginger (2 inch cube, julienne/thin slices)
- Garlic (5 cloves, diced)
- Soy Sauce (6 tablespoons)
- Water (2 cups)
- Pepper (1 teaspoon)
1) Skin chicken leg. Since skin slippery to pull off, use a little salt on your hands and it will greatly help to pull the skin off.
2) In a large pot, drop all the vegetables and place chicken on top. Add soy sauce, pepper and water.
3) Close lid and turn to high heat until liquid boils. Then reduce heat to low and let it simmer for 20 minutes. Open lid and turn chicken to the other side. Close lid and continue to summer for another 20 minutes. All vegetables should be soft and chicken should be fully cooked.
4) Let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Serve with rice.