When making these potatoes in the slow cooker for the first time, we were pleasantly surprised that they browned just as if cooked in the skillet. We love our slow-cooker!
Homestyle Potatoes with Garlic and Rosemary
Yields: 6 servings | Calories: 179 | Total Fat: 9 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Previous Points: 4 | Points Plus: 9 |Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 3 mg | Sodium: 6 mg | Carbohydrates: 23 g | Dietary Fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 1 g | Protein: 2 g
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (remember evoo is a good fat)
- 4 medium red potatoes, cubed into 1/2" pieces (unpeeled if preferred)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
Add oil to the slow cooker, turn to high and allow to heat up while preparing potatoes...about 15 minutes of preheating is good.
Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker, toss potatoes in oil, cover and cook on high 2-3 hours (4-5 hours on low), or until potatoes are tender and browned. Recommend 5 - 7 quart slow cooker.
Note: The fats in this recipe are from heart healthy extra-virgin olive oil.