Home » » DIY Beaded Ponytail Holder

DIY Beaded Ponytail Holder


Crystal Beaded Ponytail Holder



I came across this idea when I was at Nordstrom’s and saw this really cute ponytail holder. Their version had clear crystals and it was $10.00.  I don’t know about you,  but I don’t want to invest $10.00 on a ponytail holder my girls are going to make off with and loose.  I did a little inspecting of the ponytail holder and I came to the conclusion that I could make it myself,  and I could make several of them for the same amount of money.

Here’s what you need:
  • 9 to 12 Crystal Beads of your color choice 
  • 3/4″ or longer Headpins
  • Ponytail Holders (I got a package at Walmart for a couple of dollars.)
  • Piece of Black Cotton Fabric
  • Needle Nose Pliers
  • Round Needle Nose Pliers
  • Wire Cutters
  • Hot Glue Gun
  • Scissors

Start by taking 3 to 4 ponytail holders.  I used three as you can see.  Line up where the ends of the elastic have been attached together.  This is the weakest point of the ponytail holder.

Cut a thin strip of black fabric.  Just eyeball this.  Mine was roughly 1.5″ long and just a little short of 1/2″ wide.  Glue the end to the ponytail holder using the low heat glue gun.  Wrap the fabric around.  Every time you wrap the fabric around secure it with hot glue till you have come to the end of the fabric.  Try to be neat with this step so your glue doesn’t show.  However, if it does a little bit, here’s a trick of mine.  Use a Sharpie marker and just color it in a little bit.  It’ll do the trick.

Next, put the headpin on your bead.

 Take the needle nose pliers and bend to a 90 degree angle.

Next, take the round needle nose pliers and bend the headpin back towards the bead.  Don’t bend all the way.  Leave the headpin open and place on the ponytail holder.  Close the headpin once it is on the ponytail holder.  Repeat till you have used all of your beads.

There you have it!  A great way to add just a nice little touch of bling to your ponytail.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Healthy Natural - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger