Low Carb Pancake Recipe
Satisfying low carb pancakes that you can pair with eggs and sausage for a full on breakfast feast!
Recipe type: Breakfast
Cuisine: Trim Healthy Mama
- For one serving of 3 pancakes:
- 1 egg
- ¼ c. ricotta-full or low fat
- 2 Tbls. Flax seed meal-I like finely milled golden flax
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- dash of salt
- sweetener to taste -I use 2-3 dashes of NuNaturals Stevia Extract
- optional: 1 t. cinnamon or a pinch of nutmeg
- ½ t. vanilla extract
For a family size batch of 12 pancakes, use the following measures:
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup ricotta (full or low fat)
- ½ c. flax seed meal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- sweetener to taste (8-12 dashes of Stevia Extract)
- 1½ t. vanilla
- optional: 1 Tbls. cinnamon or ½ tsp. nutmeg
- Add ingredients to bowl in order listed.
- Blend with a fork until well mixed.
- Warm skillet or griddle over medium to medium low heat.
- Melt butter if you like crispy edges.
- Spread a single serving recipe into 3 equal pancakes, about 4-5 inches in diameter.
- Cook slowly until they are firm enough to flip.
- Turn and cook on opposite side.
- Serve immediately, with your choice of toppings. Our favorites are sugar free berry syrup, whipped cream, or Greek Yogurt with maple flavoring.
NotesThe pancakes freeze well, separated by a layer of paper towel or parchment. They reheat quick