- 8 eggs
- 1 pound ground chicken or any ground meat is good.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or bacon fat
- 2 tsp. ground red chili powder, 2 tsp. ground cumin, 1/4 tsp. cinnamon, 1 tsp. ground ginger, 5 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1 small onion (chopped small), 1 Tbsp. chopped garlic, 1/2 of a 4oz. can of mild diced green chiles (optional)
- 1 medium rutabaga, diced small
- 2 cups fresh spinach, washed and stems removed
- Sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste)
- Chopped cilantro (optional)
Cooking Steps1. Prepare your vegetables. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the coconut oil or bacon fat. Add the red chili powder, cumin, cinnamon, ginger and curry powder and stir until fragrant (about 1-2 minutes). Add the onion, garlic and diced green chilies (optional) and saute for another 1-2 minutes.
2. Add the ground chicken and stir to break apart any clumps. Add the chopped rutabaga and stir to combine. Cover and reduce the heat low and allow to simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the spinach and stir until wilted (about 1 minute). Add sea salt and ground black pepper to taste.
3. Prepare your eggs (any way you like them).
4. Serve the eggs on top of the hash along with some freshly chopped cilantro (optional).