Chocolate nut granola RecipeServes 4
- 1 cup walnuts;
- 1 cup almonds;
- pinch of salt;
- 1/4 cup raw honey;
- 3 tbsp butter or clarified butter;
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder;
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract;
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut;
- 2 oz dark chocolate;
- Preheat your oven to 200 F.
- Using a food processor, coarsely chop the walnuts and almonds. Nothing too fine, as you will have to put them through the food processor again. Leave the nuts in the processor and set aside for later use.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the butter with the honey and whisk occasionally. Once combined, add the cocoa powder, vanilla and a pinch of salt. Whisk together.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the nuts in the food processor. Pulse briefly, just until the chocolate is consistently mixed in. Add the coconut and pulse one more time.
- Spread the mixture out over a baking sheet. Bake for 4 hours in the preheated oven.
- Once the granola has finished baking, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool completely. Break the granola apart into small chunks. Also break apart the 2 oz chocolate and mix in with the granola.