Stuffed Zucchini Rolls
- 4 zucchini, large
- 1 pound ground chicken or turkey
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoons sea salt, divided plus more for boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup organic tomato puree
- 1-2 large tomatoes, sliced
- Garnish with fresh basil or parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Cut off the stem end of the zucchini. Using a mandolin or a vegetable peeler, slice the zucchini lengthwise into thin strips.
- Boil water in a large pot of salty water (1 tablespoon) add zucchini in for 3 minutes, then drain. Set aside.
- In a large sauté pan heat with a little olive oil, add spinach and cook until wilted, Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add a little more (about a teaspoon) olive oil and add onion and garlic with 1/2 teaspoon sea salt. Cook for 1 minute the then add in ground chicken and cook for 5 minutes. Just start to brown then take off heat (If will finish cooking in the oven).
- .In a large bowl add ground chicken or turkey, spinach, onion and garlic. Season with 3/4 teaspoon sea salt and mix well. Next add the tomato puree. If the mixture seems to thick add a little water. Add in parsley and mix well.
- Loosely stuff each zucchini with the stuffing half inch to the top and place them in wide pan or baking sheet. Drizzle each with a little olive oil.
- Cover each zucchini roll with a tomato slice and sprinkle a little salt.
- Bake for 20 minutes until meat if fully cooked and tomato becomes soft on top