Wouldn’t it be nice to just trust that what you purchased from your local supermarket was good for you. I’m not talking about the convenience foods, cookies, or highly processed canned goods—I’m referring to the produce. Wouldn’t it be great to know that all of the natural and beautiful fruits and vegetables were completely safe for your consumption?
While these are likely the healthiest foods at the grocery store, we can no longer trust that they are completely safe. That’s just the times we live in. And while you have every right and justification to question every item you purchase, there are some you should always be wary of.
But not all of us have access to a great selection of organics. And even if the variety is there, sometimes the money isn’t. If you were only able to choose five different organic products, these would top the list:
- Peaches: Ninety-seven percent of peaches tested positive for pesticides, according to the EWG. And about 87% of them had two or more pesticide residues, some with combinations of up to 57 different chemicals.
- Apples: Ninety-two percent of apples tested positive for pesticides and 79% had two or more of the dangerous chemicals present.
- Celery: Ninety-six percent of celery tests positive for pesticides. One sample tested positive for 13 different pesticides!
- Cilantro: Technically it’s an herb, but it’s dirty. About 92.9% of cilantro is contaminated, 70.1% of which is contaminated by more than one chemical.
- Strawberries: Strawberries rank third on the list of contaminated fruits and vegetables, with 13 different pesticides per sample.
Start your own organic garden: Organic Gardening 101
Read more: http://naturalsociety.com/5-foods-buy-organic-always/#ixzz1yAmJs5ki