Grilled Mushroom Cobb Salad
Recipe Courtesy of the Mushroom Council and mushroominfo.com
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in 2-inch pieces
- 4 Portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup prepared vinaigrette salad dressing, or more to taste
- 4 hard boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
DirectionsWish together oil, salt and pepper and brush mushroom strips and red peppers with mixture. Place red pepper pieces on a skewer and grill peppers and mushrooms, turning once, for about 10 minutes.
Toss lettuce with vinaigrette and arrange on a shallow serving platter. Arrange mushrooms, roasted peppers, eggs and blue cheese in four “stripes” across the bed of lettuce. Serve chilled.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 330; Total Fat: 25g; Saturated Fat: 8g; Cholesterol: 235mg; Sodium: 620mg; Protein: 16g; Carbohydrate: 12g; Dietary Fiber: 3g