Chili Pepper Poppers with Smashed Avocado
· by · in Appetizer, Meat, Paleo, Recipe, Snack, Vegetables
Jalapeno Poppers the Paleo way! No grains (or cheez products) here!
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 6 large jalapeno peppers
- ¾ cup chili
- ½ – 1 avocado, depending on size
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking tray and set aside for now.
- Cut your jalapeno peppers in half, leaving the stem intact.
- Remove the seeds and white membranes.
- Fill the pepper halves with chili mixture. If your chili is too coarse to fit nicely, pulse for a few seconds in a mini food processor to give it a more spreadable consistency.
- Roast the peppers uncovered for about 20 minutes, until chili is hot and the peppers are slightly charred.
- While the peppers are roasting, roughly mash the avocado and season to taste.
- When peppers are done, top with smashed avocado and serve immediately.