Beautiful, healthy, shiny hair is an important part of the way you present yourself. A great head of hair can make you look 10 years younger! The secret to fight frizz and breakage is in the protein-rich ingredients below. If your crowning glory needs a boost, try this recipe for luscious hair without filling up with chemicals.
Lemon Zest Hair Mask
What do I do?
* Simply mix an egg yolk with 3 tablespoons of plain yogurt and a tablespoon of lemon zest (Don’t have a zesting tool? Use a cheese grater!).
* Massage your hair with this mixture and allow to sit for a half hour. After 30 minutes, wash as usual, and enjoy the results!
What does it do?
* Lemon zest: We use the zest as opposed to the juice because in the peel reside all of the wonderful essential oils of the lemon. This strengthens, brightens and adds shine. Not to mention it smells fantastic, and helps to relieve stress!
* Egg yolk: Adds moisture and protein, as well as preventing dandruff and adding shine.
* Yogurt: Adds moisture and protein to strengthen each strand.